- There is a video demo of How to Register for AthensHigh.com that covers this information. You can find it at http://athenshigh.com/tutorials/Registering/Registering.htm.
- If you have not registered for the new site yet, please promise to read all of this and follow the instructions.
- If you have already registered and have a username and you have already logged into the site to set a password, click here to log into the new site.
- AthensHigh.com is for Alumni of Athens High School, Athens, GA, their family members and others with reason to research the information on this site.
- If you are entering information for a deceased alumnus, please provide all the appropriate information requested and enter your own email address so we can authorize your access.
- If you are not entering information regarding an alumnus or have questions about registering or logging in, please email email@example.com including why you want access to the site and we will send information regarding site access.
- AthensHigh.com has been completely redesigned.
- It is now a databased site which is instantly updated when new information is added.
Since this is a closed site, you will not be instantly approved for site access. After you submit your registration, you will have to wait for emailed instructions on how to log into the site.
- Each alumnus has a separate account which they set up for themselves.
When you click the link below, you will be taken to a page to create your account.
It is highly suggested that you print out and read "-- What Do I Do When I Log On For The First Time?" on the main page. #6 in that document explains how to use the main menu which may be different from other menus you've used before.
- Enter a username.
- You can be as cryptic or as clear as you wish.
- It's easier on other alumni if you use your real name, but there is no rule in this regard.
- Suggestions are in the form "John Doe," "JaneDoe," "jimdoe," "jdoe," etc.
- Except under extraordinary circumstances, a user name cannot be changed.
- Enter your email address. This is the address that your initial login information will be sent to.
- Alumni who normally use the same email address will each be able to use that same email address when they register here.
- This email address is kept private unless you choose to list it in the personal information section of the registration form. You will be able to send and receive email using a contact page on the site whether or not your email address is listed.
- Next on the registration form you'll find a listing of Class Groups. These groups allow you to keep up with what's happening in your class. Please click next to your class year to join that group. You can join/leave any of these groups at any time from within the site.
- You are required to enter at least your first and last names, and the year you graduated/would have graduated.
- Use the Graduation Year dropdown to select the appropriate year. This is important as it is the way lists inside the site are built. Selecting an incorrect year will result in your not being listed with your classmates.
- Please enter information into the rest of the form as appropriate. This information is only available to other alumni, so you do not have to worry about it being publicly available.
- Make sure to click the Create new account button at the bottom of the form so it will be submitted.
- After registration, you will be taken to the Log In page. Since you do not yet have a password from the system, you cannot log in at this time.
- The site will send an automated email advising you that your registration has been received and is pending approval.
- Important! Make sure you list both athenshigh.com and drupal.athenshigh.com as approved sites in your email program/system. The automated emails from AthensHigh.com could be marked as SPAM by your email program/system if you do not do this. If you do not receive email from AthensHigh.com within 24 hours after registering, please check your SPAM folder.
- A human approves your account. This means you may not receive approval for up to 48 hours.
- When your account is approved, you will receive an email that gives you a one-time link to the site. It will take you to your account settings page so you can set your password for future visits. It is important that you respond to this email promptly. You have approximately 24 hours to respond or the link in the email will no longer work. This will cause a possibly long delay in the registration process.
- You enter the password twice into two fields/boxes.
- Make sure to click the Save button at the bottom of that screen or your password will not be saved.
- To go to the main (front) page of the site after setting your password, click on the Trojan logo at the top left of the screen.
- For future visits, you'll enter your username and password to enter the site. Make sure you enter your username as you set it, including any spaces, underscores and punctuation. Make sure not to put a space before or after your username. Finally, make sure you enter the password exactly as you set it in your first visit to the site.